Agate: the earth’s rainbowIts bands usually come in layers, or stripes; some appear with “eye” markings, or color specks, some included fossils and others are solid. These gemstones are called the “earth’s rainbow” for they come in many colors: clear, blue, brown, green, grey, milky white and pink. It was in Sicily’s River Achates where the gemstones was said to be originally discovered.
HistorySince prehistoric age, agate has been used in varied types of jewelry. History showed that agate has been discovered with the artifacts of Neolithic people, and during the Babylonia era was used as amulets for healing as well as ornaments. During the ancient Greek and Egyptian periods, it was renowned for its medicinal uses and news of its healing powers spread all over Africa and the Middle East. Agate’s world famous stonecutting and polishing industry in Germany flourished from the 15th to the 19th century, and exists until today.
Agate healing powers
- In the past, people gave agate the power to heal. The wearer; would etch their healing needs and requests onto the stone’s exterior. By engraving their petition, agates would focus its power on specific requests.
- They also believed that agate can provide water with powers to heal. It was utilized to heal external wounds like ordinary insect stings or animal’s bites that carry venom or the disease they known to contaminate.
- Agate beads were worn as a well-known treatment to relieve the pangs due to persistent & chronic coughs, and to alleviate the suffering of those with dental and throat disease.
- The strength of sight aid digestion is its other facets of healing; the gemstones protect the kidney from disease; dehydration, unsightly skin disease and it alleviates the sense of hearing.
- Agate improves the person’s analytical skills. This is the ideal stone to wear for professionals dealing with figures, numbers and statistics or for those having to use charts, record-keeping programs where they have to use spreadsheets. Those involved in the profession stated would do well to purchase an agate stone.
How to use agate to the best of your advantagePurchase this gemstone and use agate in order to gain all the positive energies that can be squeezed out of the stone.
- As decoration: simply place a big chunk of agate crystal as décor on your working desk or on night table;
- Carrying agate key chains, talismans or amulets;
- Ladies accessories: wear agate for your hair, interesting bow or colorful clip;
- Wear agate traditionally in bracelets, earrings, necklaces, rings or pendants; and for those ordinary believers, it was just as effective carrying around in your handbag of pocket the rough agate wrapped in a gentle and soft cloth.
There are no reviews yet.