What is Chakras?
Chakra is a Sanskrit word which means wheel or a disc. They are said to be entry gate of Aura. Within the physical body is our spiritual body which contains the Chakras. These are centers of activity which are responsible for assimilation and expression of life force energy. They are responsible for our physical, mental, and spiritual functions of our body.
They absorb and send energies to and from the universe, nature, heavenly substances, from individuals even from things. According to ancient yogic traditions there are seven major chakras that energy centers in our body. Among which each of these chakras corresponds to a colour coded vibration frequency in the universe which influences in the universe which also affects our physical, emotional and spiritual well being.
The Seven Chakras:
- Root Chakra – Root chakra is located at the base of our spine and it corresponds to red colour. It is related to our basic human instinct for survival, security and stability.
- Sacral Chakra – Sacral Chakra is just below our navel in our lower abdominal region. Colour for this chakra is saturated orange and it relates to reproduction at a physical level. Creativity, joy, relationships on emotional level and energy and passions on spiritual level.
- Solar Plexus Chakra – This chakra is located above our navel and directly in our stomach area. Thus this chakra plays an important role in digestion and glows a bright yellow colour. This chakra guides development and relates to issues of mind, individual force, control and spiritual growth.
- Heart Chakra – This chakra is situated in the center of chest and whirls with vibrant green colour of spring. This chakra is most important for meditation tool for cleansing and clearing spiritual imbalances. The basic point related to heart chakra is unconditional love, compassion and well being.
- Throat Chakra – Throat Chakra is centralized in our throat and emanates a pale blue light. This handles our ability to express and communicate clear thoughts and ideas. It is linked to truth, maturity, independence and ability to trust others.
- Third Eye Chakra – This chakra is located in the center of our forehead, between our two eyebrows. This chakra is also known as brow chakra, it spins in deep saturated dark blue hue colour. It also helps us to tap into our inner guidance and divine vision. This chakra deals with inner clarity, releasing restrained emotions and gaining self realization.
- Crown Chakra – Crown Chakra is at the top of our head or in the crown area and correlates to violet colour. This chakra handles awakening consciousness and acquiring wisdom through integration of self into one universal from of intelligence.
Common gems and what they treat:
A violet quartz, it is linked to the mind. This gems helps your body perform its basic functions, promoting healthy organs, produces more hormones or strengthening your immune system. It will calm you by soothing neuro signals.
A dark green gem aptly named for red aspects in the stone. It detoxifies your body and helps your circulatory system and purifies those organs.
Boosts memory and general mental capabilities, it is also used to cleanse organs and strengthen bones and joints. It can be found in many different colours.
A quartz with many different colours, none of which are very opaque. Most know to create healthy reproductive organs, it is also used to purify the liver and blood.
The most adaptable of the stones, it does not alter the light around it and leaves the spectrum unaltered. This stone will adapt to each individual and is a powerful healer that returns people to a state before they were ill. IT balances and stabilizes and can unblock areas where your chakra is blocked.
A deep red gem, it will greatly amplify your positive characteristics but can quickly become overwhelming and bring anger or negativity.
A typically blue stone that comes in grey, yellow, and green shades. This stone will release stress and calm you down. It aids with depression and can bring clarity in times of confusion.
The most pure gemstone, it has undergone the harshest forming process. It is a powerful enhancer of a person’s inner personality because its ability to refract the entire spectrum.
An inspiring and balancing stone, this stone centres and balances individuals wearing it.
Enhances wearers’ creative and innovative ability, often giving a boost to passion. May stimulate the circulatory system.
This gem has various colours and uses, its peaceful nature is good for the heart. It is often used by people with kidney or bladder stones.
Removes blockages and detoxifies the mind and the body.
Provides great amounts of strength, mentally and emotionally. This stone is recommended for athletes or anyone undergoing large amounts of stress.
Peal reduces the amount of stress and heals the physical symptoms of it.