There is a wide array of essential oils that boost good health and wellness. This therapy involves inhaling essential oil or as a topical application.
1. Inhale the essential oil as it scents is carried into the air. You can use varied containers as dispenser; sprayer or you can breathe in the steam during your bath.
2. Aromatherapy is the source of pleasant odor and its oil can provide respiratory decongestion, disinfection as well as psychological benefits.
3. By inhaling essential oils, it simulates the olfactory system, any portion of the brain connected to smell; as well as nose and brain.
4. Molecules enter the nose or mouth proceeding to the lungs, and to other parts of the body.
5. Molecules in the brain affect limbic system that improves blood pressure, breathing, emotions, heart rate, hormone balance, memory and stress. Aroma in this way has subtle and holistic effect on the body.
6. Topical applications include massage oils, products for bath and skin care that penetrates the skin. By massaging oil in the area, circulation is stimulated and absorption is enhanced.
7. Essential oil must never be applied directly to the skin.
Always dilute with carrier oil. Use a few drops of essential oil to an ounce of carrier oil is the right concentration.
8. Do an allergy test before applying any essential oil.
What is Aromatherapy?
Way back prehistoric times, people were using Juniper berries for their antiseptic and flavoring of food. This could be the beginning of aromatherapy. Evidence shows that for millennia, plants and herbs were utilized for cosmetic, culinary and medicinal purposes.
It is the use of natural oils taken from various parts of the plants from flowers to roots in order to promote the individual’s well-being, both in the psychological and physical realm.
Inhaling aroma of “essential” oils stimulates the function of the brain. When essential oil is absorbed by the skin, they travel throughout the bloodstream and enhancing healing of the whole-body. It is considered as an alternative medicine.
How do you use essential oils for aromatherapy?
For every 30 ml. of water use 1-2 drops of essential oil. In other cases, add three drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Use a large towel to cover your head, close your eyes, put your face above the water and inhale deeply.