Peridot the beautiful lively gemstoneUnder Look at the stone under artificial light and the stone glows a brilliant green. Peridot is just like emerald except its intensity is softer. Considered as expensive stones, peridots over eight carats are already considered collectors or museum pieces. American Museum of Natural History in New York City has on display the very best atones.
HistoryThe written history of peridot is very long. As early as 1500 BC, it has been part of the ancient papyri mining record. Topazo Island in the Egyptian Red Sea was the main source of peridot in the ancient world. In the past, peridot served as stones for carving talismans. Inhabitants were forced to search for the gems to fill the Pharaoh’s treasury. Any trespassers searching the stones in the Island were killed. Miners worked 24/7 as the gems could be found after nightfall due to their brilliance. For more than 3,500 years, peridot mining was a popular activity on St Johns Island. Since that time until the late 19th Century, the Kedhive of Egypt had a monopoly on the mines.
- A peridot worn properly will bring prosperity, wealth and happiness to the owner as it boosts powers of creativity and offers great satisfaction and rewards gained from work.
- Wearing peridot gemstone can acquire tremendous gain via psychological healing. It is considered a gemstone for emotional strength and forgetting and letting go of the past.
- This great gemstones are for individuals who are depressed or under anger issues.
- Peridot gemstones have the power to heal liver and other digestion related ailments. They are believed to possess regenerative powers.
- Peridot is the gemstone for you to dispel any kind of fear as one of your biggest challenges for it directly works on the heart chakra and causes healing!
- Peridot boosts immunity from many disorders as well as rejuvenates and increases the ability to see and observe things around the wearer.
- For good luck, peridot helps the wearer to realize ardent dreams and wishes.
- Peridot is a good tool to discover hidden talents of the individual that goes toward the ultimate purpose in life
- Peridots are protectors from evil eye and all negative energy surrounding the wearer.
- Peridot serves as the best gem for people working with natural products, nature and for earth healers. Color green is a representative of the Earth’s powers backing people’s the endeavors.